- Conduct a desk review to identify any government policies/strategies/broad programs that support adolescent health activities in country;
- Collect and review existing data/documentation from the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education;
- Determine gaps in the information collected and work with Ministries of Health, Education and Technical Advisory Group (TAG) focal points of Cambodia;
- Based on the findings of the assessment, draft a report summarizing the country context, demographics of adolescents in the country and the range of interventions;
- Provide regular updates to the TAG on progress, and to receive feedback and guidance as needed; and
- Based on approved draft report, prepare a slide set showcasing the objectives, methods and key findings from the adolescent health assessment, the decision matrix/ process, and the proposed adolescent health intervention.
- Advanced university degree in public health, demography, health policy/management or related social sciences or at least 10 years;
- Strong substantive and programme background in reproductive health, adolescent health and gender issues;
- Strong understanding of adolescent health programming in the country;
- Experience with conducting literature review, data searches and analysis, summarizing information/interpreting data on adolescent health;
- High level of initiative and ability to collect information from multiples sources, summarize and identify gaps while proactively seeking ways to fill in the gaps;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Khmer, with strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
How to apply:
Applications must be supported with a UN Personal History Form (P11) and a detailed CV addressed directly to UNFPA Country Office, Phnom Penh Center, Room 526, Sothearos Blvd. The P11 Form and Terms of Reference can be obtained via email email@example.com or UNFPA Website http://cambodia.unfpa.org/.
3 March 2017, 4:00 pm (local time)